Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamKitchen
Join the Corendon family as our brand new Breakfast Cook!
We are searching for you as our brand new breakfast cook for one of our 3 hotels in the Amsterdam area. Corendon has 3 hotels in the Netherlands:
- Corendon Village Hotel (Badhoevedorp)
- Corendon City Hotel (Amsterdam Nieuw West)
- The College Hotel (Amsterdam Oud Zuid)
Please mention in your application when you have a preference for a specific hotel. We look forward to meet you but first we will tell you a bit more about the job.
What does your job include?
As a breakfast cook you are partly responsible for the preparation and making of the breakfast dishes, mainly in a specific department of the kitchen. Characteristic of this position is that you guarantee the quality and presentation of the dishes and that you keep an eye on safety and hygiene during the preparation thereof. You are also responsible for keeping the work environment clean and presentable.
- Carrying out preparatory work, such as washing, cutting, (pre)cooking, mixing and stirring, etc.;
- Assessing the quality of the products/ingredients to be used (freshness, shelf life, etc.) and preparing aids;
- The (simultaneous) preparation of dishes and/or dish portions according to recipes or specific instructions from the Executive or Sous Chef;
- Carrying out the preparations, and thereby monitoring/checking the quality, doneness, taste, color, fluidity, etc.
- Preparing dishes for serving by preparing plates/garnishes and checking whether the dishes meet the established presentation requirements;
- Serving ready meals.
What do you get from Corendon?
- A varied and challenging position;
- A stylish, dynamic and international working environment;
- A competitive salary;
- The opportunity to develop yourself optimally;
- Special discount rates for yourself and for your friends and family;
- Career opportunities within the Corendon group;
- Room for initiative and room to be yourself;
- An employer that considers CSR and sustainability of paramount importance;
- 'Never a dull moment'.
- You have a passion for cooking, you have all-round knowledge of various dishes and you can't wait to show your talents in the kitchen;
- You are service-oriented, hospitable and social;
- You work independently and in a team;
- You know how to identify problems, recognize important information and make connections. You identify possible causes and come up with concrete solutions